Monday, September 14, 2020

So Exciting and Geeky

Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog: The Quirky History and Lost Art of  Diagramming Sentences | HMH Books 

This book arrived in my mailbox this week. What a thrill! 

I can't remember how I heard of it, but the pleasure of diagramming sentences came back to me in a rush. There's something so special about dismantling a sentence and putting all the pieces into their designated slots. 

I ordered it right away. I have aspirations of choosing a sentence every day to diagram, just for the fun of it.  

I suppose this confirms my grammar geek status. 

As if it was ever in doubt.

1 comment:

  1. I loved diagramming sentences too. I'm a little bit OCD and sorting things is right up my alley. I could never understand why other kids couldn't get it - it was so straightforward!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.