I'm in for another year! Reading by color is one of my favorite ways to choose books. I'm not sure why I like it so much, but it definitely makes me pull books I might otherwise not get around to and put them front and center.
Bev at My Reader's Block runs this challenge smoothly and efficiently, and she's very tolerant of folks like me who produce reviews in a tidal wave at the last minute.
Sign up here -- you can join anytime during 2026.
Here are my books for this year:
Blue: North Sun or The Voyage of the Whaleship Esther - Ethan Rutherford (review)
Red: Milk Blood Heat - Dantiel W. Moniz (Florida Book Award) (review)
Yellow: Crimes in a Second Language - Elizabeth Sims (Florida Book Award)
Green: Trust - Hernan Diaz (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
Brown: Without a Paddle: Racing Twelve Hundred Miles Around Florida by Sea Kayak - Warren Richey Substitute: Flesh - David Szaley (Booker Prize)
Black: Cigar City: Tales from a 1980s Creative Ghetto - Paul Wilborn (Florida Book Award) (review)
White: Reading the River: A Voyage Down the Yukon - John Hildebrand
Another color (gray): Matters of Faith - Kristy Kiernan (Florida Book Award) (review)
Implies Color (rainbow): The Antidote - Karen Russell (review)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.