Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Color Coded Reading Challenge 2017 - My Sign-Up


Yes, I'm at it again!

I can meet the requirements of The Color Coded Reading Challenge almost entirely from my TBR shelves, so it feels like a win already.

Bev at My Reader's Block does a nice job with her challenges, so it's a no-brainer that I'd sign up for this one again. The rules are straightforward: Read 9 books from the color categories. Any shade of the color counts, whether it's in the title or on the cover. Bev mixes things up by allowing a color of choice (any shade) and a "color implied" category (meaning rainbow, plaid, or another color pattern or word).

I think the charm of this challenge comes from the broad simplicity of the rules. Not to mention that 9 is a nice do-able number!

Here's my list for 2017:

Blue: The Narrow Road to the Deep North - Richard Flanagan (Booker Prize)
Red: We Need to Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver (Orange Prize)
Yellow: A Brief History of Seven Killings - Marlon James (Booker Prize)
Green: Rites of Passage - William Golding (Booker Prize) (review coming soon)
Brown: The Finkler Question - Howard Jacobson (Booker Prize)
Black: Life and Times of Michael K. - J.M. Coetzee (Booker Prize) (review coming soon)
White: The Sellout - Paul Beatty (Booker Prize) (review)
Choice (gray): Holiday - Stanley Middleton (Booker Prize) (review)
Implied: Call of the Rainbow Warrior An Environmental Fable - Twyla Dell (review coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.