Thursday, June 2, 2016

Happiness Is . . . .

Discovering it's Opening Day of the local collegiate wood bat baseball league. The kids will play hard all summer only 5 minutes from the house. Although the first game snuck up on me -- meaning I missed the fun of counting down the days -- it's still an exciting moment to realize the first game is tonight and I didn't miss the first shot at summer baseball. Proof that I haven't totally lost my edge: I already have our season passes in hand, at a reasonable buy one, get one price.

Seeing two wrens busily building a nest in an empty box in the carport. They will join the cardinal family (3 babies!) and the red-bellied woodpecker family (1 baby) around the backyard feeders. The bird antics around here are enough to make me wish I had one of those cameras with a long lens.

Being employed for the rest of the summer (at least), after a bit of on again, off again, stop-and-go zigzagging between contract work, teaching, and having nothing lined up at all. Spare time during the summer is great. So is income.

Looking ahead to doing some reading challenges. I had a few very slow reading years while I was busy moving, dealing with a promotion at work, and planning a wedding, but I'm back now and looking forward to setting some reading goals. If you have any recommendations for challenges, I'd love to hear them.

Blogging again. It's a nice snapshot of life as it zooms by, and you've made me feel welcome with your comments. It's so good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.