Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hello Again?

Long time, no see! Remember me? I never thought I'd be doing this, but here I am. Again.

Allow me to begin with some confessions:

I've been missing this space lately.

I've definitely been craving the longer, free-form writing space that a blog allows. Facebook isn't so much fun anymore - there's so much content, and a lot of it is fairly superficial, and the whole point seems to be these little sound bites of info, not the free expression of actual ideas. Plus it's full of politics these days and although I feel strongly about the future of America and my own personal favorite candidate, in general my feeling about discussion of politics on Facebook is: yuck! I thought about expanding my Facebook presence by seeking out more book-related sites, but I don't really want more Facebook, you know?    

I never stopped keeping the Now Reading section updated. Ditto for the ever-expanding To Be Read list, including the current winners of the various prizes I follow, and the rather-more-slowly-expanding Done Read list. With some recent life changes, I have time to focus on the books again, at last.

And that post about the Orion Book Award, the one dated December 1, 2013? I just posted it last week, with a fake date.

Hmmm. Maybe it was just a vacation.

6 comments:

  1. I left a note back to your comment on my blog about this post! I'm so very pleased you've come back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nan. It's so nice to reactivate our friendship.

      Delete
  2. Hi there. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your comment on my blog. Welcome back. It's wonderful to have you once again with us. Hope life is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is indeed fine, in a different (but good) way. It's good to be in touch with you again, Neer.

      Delete
  3. Hello again! Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy to be in touch again!

      Delete

Talk to me! I love external validation.