Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An Unsubtle Reminder


I heard on the radio yesterday that there were only 115 days until Black Friday, meaning the official start of the overconsumption frenzy known as the U.S. Christmas Shopping Season.

Yikes! This year is speeding by. I know I say that every year, but this year it seems particularly quick. (I think I say that every year, too.) By the time we hit June, it's almost all over.

So, apropos of that . . . . This is the time of year when people like me, who committed to various reading challenges back in January, start looking at the TBR stack with narrowed eyes and plotting our strategy for doing what we said we'd do, back when the year was young.

And I feel compelled to mention: Only 183 days remain in the 2012 Birth Year Reading Challenge. Guess I'd better get going, since I'm the host!

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about putting another book on the 'done' list. Reminders are OK with me. As long as it's about books. Not that other thing - fall - and, inevitably, winter. I'll enjoy summer a bit longer, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.