Monday, February 6, 2012

My Sign-Up: Birth Year Reading Challenge 2012 - Honors


What can I say? I was born in a very good year. There are still some books I want to read from (gasp) 1959, so I am using the most conservative option for this year's challenge.

If you are interested in reading along, all the details on this challenge are here. And there is still plenty of time to sign up!

Because I'm the host, I'm not eligible for any prizes. But it will still be fun to play along!

1. Henderson the Rain King - Saul Bellow. This one makes many of the "best of" lists and I haven't read any Bellow at all, ever, so I guess it's time.

2. 100 Love Sonnets - Pablo Neruda. Neruda is one of my favorite poets and the sonnet is my favorite form, so this is certain to be a win-win choice.

3. With Eyes at the Back of Our Heads - Denise Levertov. I've never read more than an excerpt from one poem, which I liked. It will be nice to do more.

I swear I'm going to start reading earlier this year . . . Really, I am. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.