Monday, January 31, 2011

2011 2nds Challenge

Let the 2011 reading begin!

I really, really, really want to dent the TBR pile this year, so I'm going to do my darndest to choose and fill my challenges using books I already own. Not much progress is made when I choose books that I have to acquire, you know?

On the other hand, remember a few years back when folks were talking about the Set Point Diet, based on the idea that the body has its own idea of its ideal weight? Maybe the TBR pile works the same way. That would explain why it never seems to go down . . .
  2011 Seconds Challenge: Easy peasy to fill this one, a challenge that encourages readers to read a second book from an author, whether or not it's a book from a series. It's hosted by Katy of A Few More Pages. Go here for all the details.

There are four levels but I'll be doing the lowest one, Just a Spoonful, which is 3 books.

1. Shadow Play - Charles Baxter instead: First Light - Charles Baxter (substitutions are allowed!)
2. Gilead - Marilynne Robinson
3. David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck. Unfortunately, none of the books in my tbr pile are seconds. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read Gilead next, the only reason you might regret it is that then it will be done. Utterly beautiful. Hmm, maybe I'll reread it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacki, there's an easy fix for that, you know.
    :-)

    Oreneta, that's a powerful recommendation! I just might have to go along with it. I loved Housekeeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Set Point Diet theory for books...I love it! So true it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.