Friday, January 28, 2011

Decades 2010 Challenge: Wrap-Up

I must be missing something, because I can't find anywhere to post 2010 reviews for this challenge. It's weird, but beyond my ability to resolve. I am undeterred and wrapping up anyway.

(For the record, I finished reading in time but just wrote my last review. Finally!)

This was an inspiring challenge for the following reasons:

1. I filled it entirely from my TBR stack.
2. Therefore, it freed up some space on my overflowing bookshelves.
3. It added a bunch of classics to my Life List.
4. It provided excellent fodder for a whole string of reviews.
5. I discovered a new book I'd like to own hardcover someday: Fahrenheit 451. I'm no longer keeping every book I've read, so a lot of paperbacks get swapped when I'm finished with them. But the life-changers go onto the shelf permanently, and eventually get upgraded into a nice hardback edition.

Win-win-win-win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.