Saturday, July 31, 2010

Say What?

This may be the first in a series.

We have new "enhanced messaging" voicemail at work. When someone calls and leaves me a message, the telephone not only sends a voice file to my e-mail (so I can listen to the message from my computer), it also includes a transcription.

Yes, this means that my phone communicates with my computer when I'm not there. Scary! (Wonder if they ever talk about me?)

Even more scary is what it is saying. This was a message from a friend who wanted to donate some spare items to a domestic violence center and called me to ask for their contact information, knowing I'd made donations before. Good thing I was able to play the actual recording, because the transcription went like this:

Hi, it's past calling can jobs we get it to the office tomorrow or sometime this week you can email me the name and address or is it safe harbor files but for women. But I know you said at the office -- so remind far -- so it should forward I've got a number of things I would like to take there and I had the baby the -- hello dean of other -- items triple item women -- out there I don't happening with the address I'd be helpful and like to get a brief I'm turn -- on Friday. Thanks bye bye.

Yeah. Sure. Whatever.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. At first I thought it sounded like a cool thing, because I dislike work phone messages SOOOO much, and I much prefer email. But, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Whatever. Sometimes when I stop and think about how "connected" we and all of this technology is it scares me. Sometimes I long for the days when you could avoid the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower--I think I took the wrong detour off the blog hop ;) Anyway, I found your blog and I like it--And I'm very interested in your birthday challenge!!! Will definitely be looking into it :)
    Looks like a fun blog!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

    nymfaux
    http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.