Monday, August 2, 2010

Stay-cation

In self-defense, I'm on vacation this week. There are some summer projects I haven't finished, but with my boss officially arriving on August 16 and classes scheduled to begin again August 23, if I don't take a break now, I may never get the chance. That's what happened last year, and I wound up having a lot of long weekends but no actual Week Off. So, without further ado . . . .

I made a list of all the things I'd like to do during my time off, and it was about 30 items long! Some items were boring ("Clean"), some were creative ("Make gazpacho"), and some were just plain fun ("Visit the butterfly garden"). We'll see how I do.

So if you don't hear from me regularly this week, well, I might be at the Folk Art museum, or the pool, or the bookstore, or hanging some pictures. Or cleaning the bathroom. You just never know.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. A weekend here are there just isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovley, staycations can be a whole lot of fun. Hope you enjoy yours, and then tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay-cations are so cool. I'm on one this week, although it's more like a work-cation at home, getting ready for Farm Day. Enjoy your freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.