Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas To All!


I am sure that I have always thought of Christmas time . . . as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of [other] people . . . as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good,
and will do me good:
and I say, God bless it!

--Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

May all the blessings of the season be yours!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas JG...hope your having a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.