Saturday, July 25, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Preferences

Finally, a prompt that matches my attention span!

Booking Through Thursday this week is the lit version of "Boxers or briefs?"

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)

Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Serious.

Paperbacks? Or Hardcovers? No preference.

Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Mostly fiction.

Poetry? Or Prose? Prose (although I love poetry in moderation).

Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Yuck. Neither.

History? Or Historical Fiction? Ditto.

Series? Or Stand-alones? Usually stand-alones.

Classics? Or best-sellers? Classics.

Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Hemingway said it best.

Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Joyce was a struggle.

Long books? Or Short? No preference.

Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? See nonfiction.

Borrowed? Or Owned? Owned. No timetable, no guilt.

New? Or Used? Used.

1 comment:

  1. I'm late with my answers today as well. I like your answers. I was yuck on biographies and autobio's as well. I recently read James Joyce and Virginia Woolf and definitely have to say stream of consciousness is not my thing. My answers are
    here

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.