Friday, July 24, 2009

Dreaming of Florida?

I saw an interesting ad in one of the local free papers this week and it prompted me to visit this website: WinMyFarm.com. Looks good, doesn't it?

I'm not sure I am ready to jump in, though. My gut tells me this falls into the category of Be Careful What You Wish For, You Might Get It. This place is over an hour from where I work, plus I suspect the upkeep is pretty steep, not to mention labor-intensive. The taxes would be daunting. Not to mention that with hurricane season around the corner, I would think twice before moving into a mobile home. (More likely, I'd move into one of the stalls in the barn. You can tell this family spent all the right kinds of money to build the barn first, not uncommon among horse people.)

On the plus side, Eustis is a town I would happily choose for my home town, if I relocated anywhere in this area. Five acres is the perfect size. The barn looks really nice. And the property itself is beautiful in typical Florida style. Under the right circumstances, this would be a dream come true.

Let me know if you decide to sharpen your pencils and give this a try. The closing date is July 31. Who knows? This could be you.

(photo from winmyfarm.com)

1 comment:

Talk to me! I love external validation.