I really enjoy this challenge -- I'm not sure why it has such a hold on me. I suspect it has something to do with my Roy G. Biv affinity.
(By the way, having packed all the books away, I am strongly tempted to organize them by color when I reshelve them. My reading is a lot more relaxed now and I think I could handle the fact that the "by color" method makes individual titles harder to find.)
This fun challenge is also run by Bev at My Reader's Block. All the challenge details are here, if you'd also like to join. The colors can be part of the title or can appear on the cover, which makes things a little easier.
Fortunately, when I boxed up the books there were a few I kept out, so I was able to fill the challenge with books I have on hand. It's a highly eclectic grouping, to be sure!
1. Blue: Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home - Denise Linn Substitute: The Birds of Pandemonium: Life Among the Exotic & the Endangered - Michele Raffin (review)
2. Red: Anna Madgigine Jai Kingsley: African Princess, Florida Slave, Plantation Slaveowner - Daniel L Schafer (review)
3. Yellow: Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living - Pema Chodron Substitute: Play by Play: Baseball, Radio and Life in the Last Chance League - Neal Conan (review)
4. Green: Goddesses in Everywoman: A New Psychology of Women - Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. Substitute: Bitten: My Unexpected Love Affair with Florida - Andrew Furman (review)
5. Brown: The Road Not Taken: Finding America in the Poem Everyone Loves and Almost Everyone Gets Wrong - David Orr (review)
6. Black: Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen (review)
7. White: Landmarks - Robert MacFarlane (review)
8. Any other color: Pink: Journeys Through Paradise: Pioneering Naturalists in the Southeast - Gail Fishman Substitute: Scarlet Sister Mary - Julia Peterkin (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
9. Implies color: Klara and the Sun - Kazuo Ishiguro (No color without light, no light without the sun. Okay, it's a stretch -- but it's what I've got!) (review)
Challenge accepted!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.