Time seems to move more slowly now that I'm not occupied with the customary busy-ness, and yet here we are, smack up against June. The year is almost half over and the June-December part of the year always seems to accelerate. We'll see if it seems that way this year, too.
Usually March and April are filled with garden and wildflower festivals, during the sunny-but-not-hot-yet days that constitute spring in Florida. They were canceled this year, but my friend who grows native plants had a sale from her backyard. That was big news for me, combining two indulgences: more interesting plants for the garden and the chance to get out of the house!
My friend sent a plant list to her usual customers, we replied with our preferences, and then on the chosen day and time, we did a drive-through at her home. Masks were worn and distancing was observed. But there was time for a little socializing and plant talk -- both very welcome! Anyone who arrived earlier than the appointed time stayed in the car and waited until the previous customer packed up and drove away.
It was lovely, and I got quite a haul on two different weekends. I was especially happy to bring home two very nice beautyberry bushes. They are blooming now, very delicately along the stem. Eventually these pale pink blossoms will become brilliant purple berries that the birds like to eat.
Now to get them in the ground before it gets really hot. And to take a better picture of those tiny blossoms.

This sounds like a brilliant connecting-people event. And now I have read your description I feel sort of as if I had been there too.
ReplyDeleteLooks good. I planted some sunflower seeds my boss had dropped off in front of my house last month. Been watching them grow.
ReplyDelete