Are you a list reader? Are there some books on your list that you just can't seem to get around to reading?
This challenge sweetens the deal for list readers who have books they’d rather not read--but have to finish to accomplish their goal of reading all the books on their list.
You know who you are. And we are all in this together.
Face your dread! Name the book(s) you’re going to knock off this year and what kind of treat you’d like when you’re finished. Get reading, then say when you’re done. Not only will we celebrate with you, you'l receive a surprise.
DREAD AND READ CHALLENGE
You’re determined to read all the books on a list, whether it’s the Pulitzers or the 100 Best Novels--but now that you’ve done your research, you realize you’re going to have to read some books you'd never choose otherwise. Maybe a review turned you off, or you had a bad experience with one of the writer’s other books, or the subject matter is something that repels you. Those book are sinking to the bottom of the list, and you’re dreading them, right?
This challenge encourages you to move past the avoidance by adding a sweetener. Dread steals the joy out of things, doesn’t it? You’ll feel better when you face up to that book you’re not looking forward to. Trust me on this.
Join in by leaving a comment and/or a link to your sign-up post.
1. Join anytime before December 1, 2018. The challenge ends at midnight EST on December 31, 2018.
2. Books MUST come from your TBR pile or from a list you're already working on.
3. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed and encouraged.
4. Change your books at any time.
5. Include in your sign-up comment or post what kind of sweetener you’d like for each book read. What kind of treat would suit you most? Something book-related? Something sugary? Something practical? Or something indulgent? It won't be expensive, but it will be something you'll probably like.
6. Limit of 3 sweeteners per person.
7. Reviews and reactions are encouraged, but you don’t need a blog to participate.
8. All genres and formats are eligible. If it’s a book, it counts. But to qualify for a sweetener, it must be 100 pages or more.
9. Progress can be tracked at a “Progress & Reviews page” in the sidebar.
10. After you sign up, spread the word! Please do a sign-up post on your own blog, if you have one, and borrow the button for display.
When you finish that dreaded book, shout your news to the heavens--or at least to the rafters of the Cafe. Your sweetener will arrive promptly, while you're still basking in the glow of success.
What's not to like about that?
Sign up by leaving a message in the comments, with a link or your list, and don't forget to name the kind of reward(s) you're looking forward to.
See, that dread's better already!