I'm determined to move some of those perpetually looming books off my reading lists this year. How about you?
Here's how it works: Let me know your progress in the comments on this post as the year goes on, including a review link or some comments about the book. When you knock those books off your TBR list, you'll get a sweetener in the mail as your reward--in case having them in your literary rear view mirror isn't enough!
Carolyn Riedel at Riedel Fascination (sign up post) (sweeteners: Service For Two by Kate Kingsbury, colored CD-labeling markers, flower or plant seeds, especially giant “Grey Stripe” sunflowers, or Maroon 5’s first album “Songs About Jane”)
Neer at A Hot Cup of Pleasure (sign up post) (wrap-up post) Completed!
1. Inqlabi Yatra - Manorma Dewan (review)
2. Lajpat Rai: Life and Work - Feroz Chand (review)
3. Aapbeeti - Bhai Parmanand (review)
4. Bandi Jeewan - Sachindranath Sanyal (review)
Host: J.G. at Hotchpot Cafe (sign-up post) (wrap-up post)

Hi Jane
ReplyDeleteOne down, three to go:
Bandi Jeewan by Sachindranath Sanyal:
https://inkquilletc.blogspot.in/2017/09/review-bandi-jeewan.html
Okay, Neer, you're on your way!
DeleteAnd here's a wrap:
ReplyDeletehttp://inkquilletc.blogspot.in/2017/12/challenge-complete-dread-and-read-2017.html
Thanks once again for hosting the challenge.
Hooray! Congratulations! I hope you're feeling a big sense of relief, with those books finally off your To Be Read shelves. Well done!
DeleteNow for the fun part: can you please e-mail me your address and what kind of sweeteners you'd like--indulgent, sweet/sugary, book-related, or practical? The rules allow up to 3 sweeteners, so choose freely! My e-mail is hotchpotcafe (at) gmail.com. I'll send them out to you ASAP!
Thank you so much, Jane. I tell you, it's a big load off my mind (and shelves:). Will mail you soon even as I finish the last book for the Birth Year Reading challenge. And thanks for hosting this challenge next year too. Have to decide the fourth book in that list:)
DeleteHi Jane. Trust the New Year began well. Have sent you a mail. Thanks.
DeleteGlad we are able to wrap these up and clear the way for new challenges in 2018! Thank you for being a regular here at the cafe.
DeleteI was unaware of this page! Please be sure to note that today's update does not mention Maroon 5's famous first album because I acquired it before HMV closed last summer. The update mentions handy goodies from your book list. :) Congratulations, Neeru! You are celebrated in the Ethereal summary post too! https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2018/01/05/dread-read-update/
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update, Carolyn! I'm very happy you enjoyed this challenge and found the nudge useful. Goodies are on the way . . . .
Delete