Monday, December 26, 2016

A Welcome Seasonal Surprise

There's no end to the number of wagons I've fallen off of lately -- the blogging wagon first among them.

However, during my silence I secured a fabulous new part-time job, helped create a joyful holiday experience for family and friends, finished a very difficult Yuletide jigsaw puzzle, completed a couple of household projects, visited with several old and dear friends, bought a new hard drive for the computer and a new battery for the car (both against my will!), acquired a massive amount of new reading material, and enjoyed various outdoor adventures.

So! I'm not a failure . . . even if I don't always achieve all the goals I set for myself.

We celebrated Christmas Day with a morning fire, gifts and breakfast, then a misty-day hike: 4 miles through the Florida woods with only 4 others met along the trail. It was the perfect antidote to the busy-ness of the holidays. And Mother Nature blessed us with some seasonal color along the way.


Now here I am, back on the blogging wagon.

This post began with the idea of facing the fact that I wasn't going to finish either of my reading challenges. But as it turns out, I still have time to complete one of them on time! In some ways, that's a lovely gift of prioritization -- even if I'm not crazy about the book that now requires my renewed attention.

As for assorted other wagons and challenges, well, there's always next year.

Happiest of holidays, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.