Monday, May 13, 2013

Variations on Delicacy

Thanks to Maggie the kitten, I have learned a new euphemism:  "sanitary clip."

I have never had a long-haired cat before, and the kitten is definitely of that variety. In fact, her tail and haunches are so relentlessly, enthusiastically fluffy, I have taken to calling her "Little Miss Sparklepants."  I'm not sure why, but it seemed to fit.

Unfortunately, the other night she had a litterbox issue that changed her name to "Little Miss Stinkypants" (and perhaps you can use your imagination to fill in another word that begins with S and combines easily with "-pants").

I attempted to handle this matter myself, but I needed at least two more hands to get the job done via washrag and scissors. It didn't help that Maggie thought the whole ordeal was a delightful game and reacted by clawing and biting my hands in a playful manner.

She's cleaned up now, but she also goes to the groomer tomorrow for a (ahem) sanitary clip.

Meanwhile, I keep thinking of existential Henri, Le Chat Noir. If you don't already know of him, you probably should remedy that.

A certain delicate maintenance, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I have to confess, I had not heard of the sanitary clip, and Chuck, despite his quite fuzzy heiny managed to actually remain quite clean. Teflon like. Good luck with the clip!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.