Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vacationing

I didn't intend to take a vacation from blogging, but that's what I'm doing.

An event at work, volunteering, the writing coach thing, an out-of-town guest, and arranging to move house have combined to soak up every available minute of my time -- and then some.

Moving day is this Friday. My new house is adorable and the owners have hinted that they would consider selling it to me, if I like it after I've lived there for a while.

The box count stands at 25, with plenty more to go.  That's mostly books. I haven't even started on the kitchen.

I already know my new neighbors on either side -- both of them artsy folks who are doing interesting things with film, writing, and photography. 

I'll be much closer to the man in my life, which will cut down on driving time considerably.  There was quite a bit of angst (on my part, not his) associated with living in such close proximity, but it has all evaporated now that the moment is almost here.

The community garden is just a walk across the street and through the playing field portion of the neighborhood park, where the cricket league plays every Sunday. (I don't know anything about cricket, but I'll have a front row seat.) Garden Plot #41 will be mine shortly and I need to get it together for the fall planting.

Meanwhile, the local, wild swamp sunflowers are blooming and I managed to make time to go see them.  Yes, that's a hint of a rainbow, off to the right.

It's an extremely busy time, but it's "good busy."  I'll be back in a few days!



 

3 comments:

  1. Your idea of a vacation sounds strenuous, but it does all sound marvelous, well, except the packing. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for your new 'home' status. Cricket will be an interesting change, won't it? It's so true that 'when a door closes, a window opens'. The view through this window looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent situation - to kind of try it out. And if you love it, it may be your own home.
    Interesting about the 'angst.'
    And cricket! I would love to be close to such a game.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.