Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Fresh Start

One of the best things about moving is the chance for a fresh start. I'm not sure if I suffer from more inertia than the next person, or if I'm just busier (or less organized) than I should be, but once something is established, it's difficult for me to get around to changing it, even if I know it needs to be changed.

So, for example, if a piece of artwork gets hung in an awkward place, it can stay there for quite a while. I may be thinking about another spot for it, but it will take a while for it to actually be moved there. And I won't even mention the stuff that lands and sets up residence on the kitchen counter!

This makes having the blank slate of a new home even more attractive. There's the desire to have the new place be really nice, and a simultaneous chance to make it so because every possession can be unpacked and placed anew, in the new space.

All this to say I am enjoying the unpacking process far more than the packing.

I'm trying to make the most of the window of enthusiasm to finish moving out of the old place (various miscellaneous items still need to be brought over) and get settled in the new before the pace of real life picks up again. The "I'm moving" excuse only lasts so long!  Here's to getting it all done before inertia, busy-ness and/or disorganization set in again.

1 comment:

  1. Unpacking is fun and good. I absolutely love rearranging my books in a new organization plan. Someday I'm going to arrange them by color, and if you have not yet considered doing that with your unpacked books YOU SHOULD because the pictures of it always look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.