Friday, August 10, 2012

Random Friday Things I Love

I love traveling. It's terrific to get a new perspective -- even when the new perspective is a huge fake waterfall spotlighted with purple lights, right outside the hotel room window. (This is the daytime view, however.)

I love having dinner with friends in a beautiful waterfront place. In this case, without any purple spotlights -- or any other human creations across the way.

I love keeping a journal. I just started journaling again, trying to write a bit every night before bed. It only took 2 nights for me to get hooked on a few minutes of creative reflection before sleep.

I love the kind of conversation where the talk never lags -- it just gets quiet once in a while and then starts up again in a natural rhythm.

I love driving through the pouring rain, where you can barely see out the windshield and the wipers are going like mad, and then suddenly driving right out of it and the pavement isn't even wet.

I love coming home and gliding back into my own comfort zone.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful dinner view. So quiet and reflective. Conversation would be mellow and comfortable then.

    I just can't seem to get the hang of a journal. I try every now and then but if I skip a day I can't seem to get back to it. Then, having fallen off the wagon, I decide to stay in the road.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.