Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back in the Cone of Uncertainty


(photo from Wunderground.com)

Ah, my favorite place to be! Guess I will be checking the cupboards for tuna, peanut butter, and gallons of water this weekend, before the stores sell out and my possible guest Isaac arrives on Monday. I'd say he has a pretty good chance of being in the neighborhood, because this is how they come in, when they come in this way -- low and horizontal, and then making a turn to the north.

Meanwhile, I got a "maybe" from the bank after waiting what seemed like an interminable time for them to act on my mortgage application. Now I have to supply a few explanations, some additional financial documents, and the inspection report . . . and then wait some more for them to decide whether the house is loan-worthy.

Think of it as just a little while longer in that cone of uncertainty. I'm not uncrossing my fingers just yet.

6 comments:

  1. I had to start with the fingers on my other hand for more power. Warding off hurricanes needs big magic. Just as much as needed to get a bank's positive attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's working for the hurricane!

      Delete
  2. I can only imagine how nerve-racking this has been for you. I so hope it all works out and you get this great spot. Love the trees outside the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your good thoughts are much appreciated! I love those trees, too.

      Delete
  3. No post since Wednesday...you okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm fine -- just disorganized! :-)

      Delete

Talk to me! I love external validation.