Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So Far, So Good

My whole life is in boxes right now, but there are some signs that I'm going to like the new place.

First visitor: a gray tabby. He/she strolled through the backyard, peeked in the back door, and did a double-take when he/she saw me. After graciously receiving my greetings, he/she then reclined on the back patio and surveyed the premises for quite a while. I suspect this is a regular routine and hope it continues.

Second visitors: a redheaded woodpecker couple. I heard them calling, and then they did a fabulously playful in-flight dance through the trees. They seem very happy. I hope they stick around.

Various blue jays and squirrels also passed through during my first hours of toting and unpacking.

Definitely off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT beginning, glad the neighbours are so welcoming!

    Sounds like a good thing all around. Hope the unpacking isn't too trying. A garden too, I have visions of more photos of things growing, I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.