Monday, May 16, 2011

More Visitors and a Bit of an Update

Words, but no pictures, alas. The cable that allows the camera to communicate with the computer has not yet been located. This is why I use a system of keeping important things in a single place when they are not in use. And when moving, if I am not well-organized (like now!), I take things from their usual system-required location and put them "somewhere safe" so they won't get lost. Later (like now!) they are difficult to locate, because they aren't in their usual basket, bin or drawer. Based on the current pace of progress, I will be finding things for some time to come.

Remind me to tell you sometime how in college my apartment was fumigated and the landlord put my roommates and me up in a hotel for a few days, and when we returned I called the police because my jewelry box had been stolen. (Well, I guess I am telling you now.) Fortunately, before the nice deputy finished his report and went off to arrest the workers, I found my jewelry box in my dresser drawer, where I had put it for safekeeping. Boy, did I feel silly! I don't think the deputy minded spending part of his workday chatting with three cute college girls, though. When I confessed my stupid mistake, I remember he gave me a big smile and said, "We'll just mark this case SOLVED." As law enforcement workdays go, that was probably a pretty good one.

Photos or no, I can give you a tally of visitors, which has increased by one black cat, one adorable young yellow cat with white boots all around, a possum, a pair of cardinals, a downy woodpecker, a pair of Carolina wrens, and squirrels in uncountable numbers. The backyard appears to be a veritable squirrel highway; they pass along the branches from tree to tree all day long.

The visitors tally also includes the lawn guys, who showed up Saturday morning, and I had nothing to do with it. I say this because they had the mower, the edger and the blower on full throttle at 7:30 a.m. The neighbors must just love that. It took them all of 10 minutes to mow, blow and go, but still. From 7:30 to 7:40 a.m. can be a critical time of the morning. Apparently, any sleeping in around here will have to be done on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Well, sounds good overall...especially the visitors.....the cable should show up some day...I hope, love to see some photos.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.