Monday, May 2, 2011

Garden Action


The garden is coming along, at last. I was a little late getting started. Also, I suspect that my plants are not as robust as certain others because I am using organic seeds and fertilizer. (GMO, anyone?) Still, progress is progress.

Less progress is being made on getting a faster connection so I can upload photos without devoting a whole afternoon to the project. Once I get that solved I can post about watermelon seedlings, squash seedlings, and some baby sunflowers. At least, I think that's what they are. Garden maps are for sissies.

Meanwhile, this isn't my sunflower but I couldn't resist it. Sunflowers will always be my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. This photo is also the source of the header photo. Isn't the texture of the center so interesting?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning...the texture, the colours, I've never seen one quite like it. I'm with you on the garden maps, definitely for sissies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fascinating forest of hooks in that flower. The colors on the petals are wonderful, too.
    I'm jealous of anyone who has any garden growth over a half inch. I always put out stick labels but the animals keep moving them.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.