Friday, April 29, 2011

Next Chapter


Remember little love story cat? She has something medical going on. Recently she has not been eating very well or using the litter box as often; she dropped a little weight and seemed just a bit mopey. The term for that around here is ADR (Ain't Doin' Right), so off to the vet we went. I have the scratches to prove it.

The vet discovered that her white cell count is very low, less than half of what it was a year ago. There's no real explanation at this point, except several I'd rather not think about. I had her tested for feline AIDS and feline leukemia when I first brought her inside, and she was negative. But she has a history of being out on the streets, consorting with a whole gang of other cats with sketchy pasts, so it's possible the test didn't tell the whole story.

Anyway, she's home now, with some different meds, and being doted on by me to the extreme. At first she was pretty miffed that I put her in the carrier and allowed all those scary strangers to touch her, but the trust rebuilding seems to be coming along nicely.

She could use your good thoughts, though, and so could I. Whatever the final diagnosis, she has a home with me forever. I'm just hoping "forever" isn't getting here sooner than expected. I'd much rather have a lot more "happily ever after."

3 comments:

  1. Prayers to you and your kitty....I hope that everything turns out fine. I have three of my own, one with multiple health issues. He is a senior citizen, age unknown, and he also came from the streets. Let me know what you find out...my cat suffers from hyper-thyroid, mega colon, and his kidneys aren't functioning at full capacity - we hydrate him at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor kitty! She (and you) will be in my thoughts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that photo at the top is AMAZING!

    I am sad about kitty, glad she is feeling happier with you and being so well cared for. Fingers firmly crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.