Monday, April 11, 2011

Working at Home


They are cutting away a chunk of the front of my building to repair water damage, so I am at home keeping an eye on things and working remotely. I like the blue jeans, cats for company, lunch in aspects of this.

It's a little creepy, though, knowing there's nothing between the bedroom and the outside world but a thin sheet of drywall. Not to mention that the workers very cheerfully informed me that they will finish today, unless it rains, in which case they won't be able to seal up the wall again. That seems kind of backwards to me. They promised me that if it rains, they will do a good job of covering it all with a tarp. I said, "Let's hope so!" Big smiles all around.

So, life is good. At least if you can ignore the masonry sawing and sledgehammering.

4 comments:

  1. Working at home definitely has it's upsides! Glad I don't have to give classes at home though..that would be not so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I think I would feel a bit naked.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.