Friday, December 10, 2010

How's It Going?

The Birth Year Reading Challenge ends December 31. Just a reminder!

If you're like me, you have been reading a lot lately (deadline in sight!) and the big push at the end will come in the form of getting all the reviews posted in time.

Or maybe (also like me, a few weeks ago) the big push will include substituting books on the list, to ensure you will finish by the deadline.

Or maybe (unlike me) you have already completed all your 2010 challenges and have nothing to do but watch t.v. and eat cookies for the rest of the year.

Or maybe (VERY unlike me) you didn't join any challenges this year. Tempting, indeed. It might be fun to read all year without having a plan or a deadline. But I doubt I would get as much reading done that way. Plus the challenges themselves are much more tempting than the idea of unplanned reading. Yeah, I might be addicted.

Anyway, if you want to check status and finish those last few pesky posts that are hanging around, check out the BYRC progress and reviews link here.

While you're at it, give us your opinion. Should we host again next year? We have ideas for variations on the birth year theme that would make it fun again, even the second time around.

4 comments:

  1. I think it was a lot of fun so I'd love to hear about the variations you have in mind! And although I'm done with this challenge, I do have a few that I haven't finished, and I'm starting to think I'm not going to finish them by year end. This year, I realized that reading books because I wanted to was more important than reading books because of challenges. So I think I'm going to choose my challenges much more carefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your birth year challenge! I'd love to hear what your variation ideas are. Not that I need another challenge (I'm already set for 7)...but I'd find it hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am done with my first book for this challenge and halfway through the 2nd - then only one more to go! Once I get my reviews posted I'll report on the progress page. And I would love to have a variation on this challenge. It is the first one I have ever participated in, so I feel nostalgic toward it. :) And because I have had to do a couple of substitutions to be done in time, I have more on my TBR to read for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear y'all are interested in another challenge! We are still working out the details, but I can tell you they will involve your birth year and a "time machine"!

    L.L., looking forward to posting your reviews. (And there's no shame in substitutions--I had to do a few myself, just to finish.)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.