Monday, October 18, 2010

More Dirt

More poor photography, too, I'm afraid. I've got to remember to take the real camera next time I visit. The cellphone camera just isn't cutting it.

Squint a little and you can see . . .

Tomatoes! And some rather exhausted-looking transplanted parsley.

Adorable squash!

Mesclun lettuces!

A veritable party of vegetables: beans on the left, two rows of radishes, and then more mesclun lettuces!

I'm just like one of those moms who shows up with a thousand nearly-identical baby pictures. You'd think no one had ever had a garden before or something.

These photos were actually taken last month, so everything is bigger now. (Duh.) Perhaps it is also slightly more interesting.

We planted some sunflowers recently and they came up like gangbusters. And it is nearly time to start clipping a few leaves of the mesclun for a teeny salad. Photos to follow!

Just don't say you weren't warned.

3 comments:

  1. Just like babies, those tiny veg are wee miracles. Harvesting is the next - and best - step. Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mighty strange to picture you starting a garden just when we're heading into winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I'm planning to have fresh lettuce for the salad tomorrow night, if I remember to bring along the scissors.

    Ruth, we are a bit backwards here, as you can tell! An odd adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.