Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More from the Ice Cream Man

Does he have a tin ear, or what???

Don't worry, I won't keep giving these updates. But for now, I just can't resist.

Today's selections, in order of appearance:

"Do Re Mi" ("Doe, a deer, a female deer . . .")

"Battle Hymn of the Republic" ("Glory, glory, hallelujah . . .")

"Easter Parade" ("In your Easter bonnet, with all the flowers on it, you'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade . . .")

"Theme from Romeo and Juliet" ("A time for us, someday there'll be . . .")

I'm not entirely sure about the last one. He was just turning the corner out of earshot when it began.

3 comments:

  1. I had a friend who directed community theater productions and sometimes played Bolero as people were being seated for the children's shows. He was a cad.

    At least your ice cream man shows up. Ours hasn't been by the house since May. Phooey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The icecream man plays different tunes?????

    All icecream men in TO play the same tune. They had a brutal year, there was e-coli found in two of the trucks in June...didn't see one working anywhere. brutal for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hula, your friend had a wicked sense of humor. And now you have me trying to imagine Bolero in ice cream music! (Maybe the next round?)

    Sorry to hear it was a bad summer for ice cream in your town, Oreneta. I'm thinking it could hardly get worse than e-coli. Bleah.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.