Okay, here by popular demand is my list of 10 things I love. In no particular order:
1) I love my couch in the winter, when I don't have to travel and can lie around and read books.
2) I love 2-hour baseball games, but will settle for 2:20.
3) I love mountains and rural America, my old Kentucky home.
4) I love being able to hear thoroughbreds grunt and snort on the track in the morning darkness, when you can barely make out their shapes.
5) I love the first day of spring training. On the second day, it becomes work.
6) I love a good bike ride.
7) I love the day in October the five finalists for the National Book Award for fiction are announced, when I run out to the bookstore, buy them all, and begin reading. It's better than Christmas. Not long now!
8) I love receiving packages in the mail.
9) I love pop music from the late '60s and early '70s.
10) I love Cincinnati chili.