Thursday, April 16, 2009

In the Mail

Outgoing: My tax return. Yes, I'm retro enough that I still file the old-fashioned way, complete with a return receipt to prove it arrived.

This year, ouch. I had to pay in for the first time in many years, thanks to my progression from student to unemployed to working status during 2008. Goodbye to all that variability for 2009 (touch wood)!

Incoming: This fabulous hardback copy of another Booker winner for my collection, courtesy of Paperbackswap.com (and therefore mine in exchange for a book I no longer wanted and the cost of postage). It's a first American edition, and I'd wager it's never been read. The mylar cover was included.

A little research reveals this to be a $55-$75 book. Talk about a day-brightener!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! Sadly it is only in the US ;-(

    Not really a big surprise.

    Taxes this weekend. Fun wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fantastic :) Well done to you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.