Sunday, March 15, 2009

T Minus 1 hour 23 minutes

J.G. told me this was going to be unscripted and low rent. I had no idea.

We've found a spot along the Banana River to watch the night-time launch of the Space Shuttle at 7:43 p.m. We are about 5 miles from the launch pad and plan to climb up the Bennett Causeway bridge just before launch to give us an even better view..

Styrofoam cooler. Check. White bread sandwiches. Check. Soda. Check. Jelly beans. Check. Girl Scout cookies (shortbread). Check. Lawn chairs. Check. Books. Double check. Bathrooms. You should have gone before you left home.

This will be about the 30th launch for J.G., who grew up not far from here. This is my first. While fireworks are one of three things in life I consider to be overrated (circuses and parades being the other two), I am looking forward to the loud rumble and fiery show from the booster rocket

A full report to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.