Monday, January 26, 2009

Going Once, Going Twice

The Themed Reading Challenge hosted by Caribousmom begins February 1, and 86 people have signed up so far. The rules are very straightforward and choosing the books is a big part of the fun:

Books should be chosen from the reader’s TBR pile (this may be an actual physical pile or a virtual pile). The goal is to read 4 to 6 books linked by theme. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed. Readers may change their list of books at any time. Readers may choose three different levels of participation:

1. Read at least 4 books with the same theme.
2. Read at least 5 books that share at least TWO themes.
3. Read at least 6 books that share MORE than two themes.

In fact, it was so much fun to think of themes that I thought of too many. The extras are posted at right (scroll down to Free to Good Home). Once the challenge begins, I'll be saving the extras for next year.

But between now and February 1, if you need theme ideas, feel free!

4 comments:

  1. My theme would have to be 'books I can find'. Probably not the most inspiring idea....whats your theme going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Right now, my only theme is "books I haven't packed to move yet."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could kill two themes at once: do overs and recyclables! Sadly my bed/bathroom is being remodeled and the books had to be boxed up already. Some of the books I have on my iPhone, so I'll give that a shot :)

    I am proud of myself. I just finished a 300+ page book in a day and a half! "The Hammer of God" by Bo Giertz for a discussion club meeting Tuesday night. Ah, just like college days, except that I actually finished the book this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, any theme counts, Oreneta! I decided to clear the decks by pulling together all the "shoulda" books, so mine are only slightly connected (by my guilty conscience).

    Rose City, I sympathize with the books in boxes challenge. I never feel I have too many until moving day is on the horizon. And even then, it's only a twinge of doubt.

    Red, congrats on making your deadline, and with plenty of time to spare. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.