This challenge was quite successful and that encourages me to give it another go. Reading by color is fun and motivating. If I hadn't bogged down in the last book at the end (it's one I'm not even going to finish, which is rare for me -- but here we are), I might have made it.
Finding a book that "implies color" is a little difficult, but that's part of the fun. Too bad this "rose" turned out to have thorns instead.
Here's how the reading went:
1. Blue: Hagitude: Reimagining the Second Half of Life - Sharon Blackie
2. Red: Speed - Mark Harris
3. Yellow: The Weather Detective: Rediscovering Nature's Secret Signs - Peter Wohlleben
4. Green: How to Read Nature: Awaken Your Sense to the Outdoors You've Never Noticed - Tristan Gooley
5. Brown: The Late George Apley - John P. Marquand (Pulitzer Prize)
6. Black: Lizard People - Ryan Rivas
7. White: A Death in the Family - James Agee (Pulitzer Prize)
8. Another color (teal): The Singapore Grip - J.G. Farrell
9. Implies color: If Women Rose Rooted: The Power of the Celtic Woman - Sharon Blackie (did not finish)
I didn't review Speed, but all the other reviews can be found under the Reviews tab.
Turns out this was a pretty good year!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.