Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2022 - My Sign-Up


This challenge is a good one, too! I like the flexibility of making the list as I go, filling in those numbered spaces, and enjoy the extra incentive to knock down the TBR books that sometimes linger around for significant periods of time. 

(You can insert your own joke about "mountaintop removal" here, if you like. Normally that's a nightmare extraction method that I deplore -- but when it's a mountain of unread books, mining a mountain for treasures magically becomes a good thing.)  

Bev runs this very nice Mount TBR Reading Challenge over at My Reader's Block. Eleven years and counting! And yet my TBR hoard -- that's the best word I have for unread books which are stashed all over the house -- continues as a robust presence in my life. (I'm not complaining, just noting that there are many unread books about.) 

Sign up at any time, and note that there is also a Virtual Mount TBR Challenge for folks who like to read library books or otherwise want to whittle down their "wish list" of books they want to read but don't own. 

Having trained for this year's hike by successfully scaling Pike's Peak (12 books) last year, I'm ready to set my sights on Mount Blanc (24 books). Traditionally, the reading isn't the problem -- it's writing reviews in a timely manner. I do like having something to work on, though, and That Shall Be It.

Hope to see you along the way! Onward and upward!

Mont Blanc:

1. Foreign Affairs - Alison Lurie (review)
2. The Hours - Michael Cunningham (review)
3. May We Be Forgiven - A.M. Homes (review)
4. The Lower River - Paul Theroux (review)
5. Home Boy - H.M. Naqvi (review)
6. Earth Spirit Living: Bringing Heaven and Nature into Your Home - Ann Marie Holmes (review)
7. The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature - Starhawk (review)
8. I'd Walk with My Friends If I Could Find Them - Jesse Goolsby (review) 
9. The Glorious Heresies - Lisa McInerny (review)
10. Lab Girl - Hope Jahren (review)
11. On Beauty - Zadie Smith (review) 
12. An American Marriage - Tayari Jones (review)
13. The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Row v. Wade - Ann Fessler (review)
14. Still Horse Crazy After All These Years - Jim Wofford (review) 
15. So You Want to Talk About Race - Ijeoma Oluo (review) 
16. The Book Shopper - Murray Browne (review)
17. Archipelago - Monique Roffey (review)
18. Stud: Adventures in Breeding - Kevin Conley (review)
19. A Road Course in Early American Literature: Travel and Teaching from Atzlan to Amherst - Thomas Hallock (review)
20. So Big - Edna Ferber (review)
21. Falcon - Helen Macdonald (review)
22. Shell Shaker - LeAnne Howe (review)
23.
24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.