Monday, January 27, 2020

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2020 - My Sign-Up


Despite my all-reading, few-reviews experience last year -- which felt like being poorly supplied on an unexpected mountaintop, though my own lack of advance planning -- I'm back for more!

Much as I'm tempted to head for Mt. Vancouver (36 books from the TBR pile), I'm going to stick with a repeat hike up Mount Blanc (24 books) and see what happens. And by golly, this year I will be writing the reviews as I go along!

Click on over to the Mount TBR challenge page to see what the fuss is about and join in, if you're so inclined. Bev runs a fun challenge and it's very satisfying to see the TBR pile go down while with Done Read pile rises.

Fun reading ahead!

1. Voyage of the Sable Venus and Other Poems - Robin Coste Lewis (review)
2. Passing - Nella Larsen (review)
3. Home - Marilynne Robinson (review)
4. Song of Solomon - Toni Morrison (review)
5. The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness - Sy Montgomery (review)
6. Breathing Lessons - Anne Tyler (review)
7. Sleeping on Jupiter - Anuradha Roy (review)
8. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (review)
9. The Thurber Carnival - James Thurber (review)
10. The Red Smith Reader - Dave Anderson, ed. (review)
11. Beloved - Toni Morrison (review)
12. Holdfast: At Home in the Natural World - Kathleen Dean Moore (review)
13. Stillmeadow Daybook - Gladys Taber (review)
14. Fifty Days of Solitude - Doris Grumbach (review)
15. Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in without Going Crazy - Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone (review)
16. Rewilding: Meditations, Practices, and Skills for Awakening in Nature - Micah Mortali (review)
17. Deep Creek: Finding Hope in the High County - Pam Houston (review)
18. River of Hidden Dreams - Connie May Fowler (review)
19. Tom Brown's Guide to Healing the Earth - Tom Brown, Jr. with Randy Walker, Jr. (review)
20. Nothing Happens Until it Happens to You - T.M. Shine (review)
21.
22.
23.
24.

Note: See Reviews page for reviews that were posted after the challenge was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.