And then there's baseball season (over now), kayaking (never over), travel (also never over), and collapsing from exhaustion (less frequent). What can I say? It's a full life.
However . . . .
Thanks to the train, I am getting a lot of reading done. Now I have lots of reviews to write, but that's not too bad.
Meanwhile, books continue to arrive. One of the bonuses of my membership in Paperbackswap.com is that I'm able to add book to the wishlist on a whim. Months or even years later, they arrive in the mail and I don't remember them. It really brightens my day when a sweet surprise arrives in the mail, unlooked for.
(I wonder if there's any market for a personalized book subscription service? Oh, wait, that's already been done. A lot.)
Here's what arrived in the mail last week:
I don't remember where I heard about this book, but I know I'm going to love it because:
1. It's about "reading, writing, and the world of books," and
2. It uses the Oxford comma.
I'll probably love this one, too. It just sounds like my cup of tea, one that will make a fine antidote for my regular journeys into the concrete canyons downtown. And my copy is autographed!


Yay to wait lists that give you surprises, Robertson Davies, and the Oxford comma!
ReplyDelete