1. Bought 2 pool noodles and promptly destroyed them.
2. Created makeshift roof rack pads to carry my kayak (see Item 1).
3. Loaded my kayak all by myself, using a technique I learned from a YouTube video. It was shockingly easy.
4. Sweated through my clothes 3 times in one day.
5. Had to take a shower in order to be clean enough to go kayaking with friends.
6. Stopped to check the kayak on the side of I-95 and stood in black ants while checking. My kayak was fine and my feet were okay eventually. (Thank goodness they weren't fire ants!)
7. Saw a bright and prolonged shooting star traverse half the sky, while floating under the moon, planets, and stars on a beautiful estuary.
8. Ran off the road on the way home, I guess because of inattention on a dark, sparsely marked remote roadway. The road turned and I didn't. The next thing I knew, I was driving on grass. Fortunately there was no ditch or culvert to fall into. (You can bet I slowed down after that.)
Like the song says, "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"
It feels good And even if it didn't feel good, I survived!