Saturday, January 6, 2018
Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2018 - My Sign-Up
Climb Pike's Peak and keep going!
That's my goal for the Mount TBR Reading Challenge, hosted with enthusiasm by voracious reader Bev at My Reader's Block. I'd love to clear off some TBR books and get extra credit for the reading I'm already committed to doing, and this challenge satisfies both of those wishes. Check out the rules here if you're interested in joining this one, which is elegant in its simplicity and may also prove strenuous!
Because the rules allow an upgrade to a higher mountain, but no downgrade to a smaller mountain, I've committed to the minimum of 12 books. If I conquer the 12, I'll set my sights on a higher mountain. My other challenge reading has already committed me to more than 30 books, so it should be a cinch. We shall see!
My Pike's Peak list (to be updated as I read):
1. The Body Artist - Don DeLillo (review)
2. Uprooted: On the Trail of the Green Man - Nina Lyon (review)
3. Flight Behavior - Barbara Kingsolver (review)
4. The Boat to Redemption - Su Tong (review)
5. When Women Were Birds: Fifty-Four Variations on Voice - Terry Tempest Williams (review)
6. Three Sisters - Bi Feiyu (review)
7. A Travel Guide for Reckless Hearts: Stories - N.M. Kelby (review)
8. Fathers Playing Catch with Sons: Essays on Sport [Mostly Baseball] - Donald Hall (review coming soon)
9. The Garden of Evening Mists - Tan Twan Eng (review coming soon)
10. Sightlines: A Conversation with the Natural World - Kathleen Jamie (review coming soon)
11. House Made of Dawn - N. Scott Momaday (review coming soon)
12. Rediscovering Rawlings, a River and Time: Filming "In Marjorie's Wake" on Florida's St. Johns River - Bill Belleville (review coming soon)
Hey, I made it to the top of Pike's Peak! Next would be Mount Blanc and 24 books. Hm. I'll have to think about that. Maybe I should just rest on my laurels instead of pushing on.
13. H Is for Hawk - Helen Macdonald (review coming soon)
14. The Finkler Question - Howard Jacobson (review)