Wednesday, April 12, 2017

On Puttering

I like puttering. I should do it more often.

Tonight I have read the paper and put it into the recycling bin. I also put the stapler and scissors back where they belong, so they are no longer threatening to topple the various piles of paper stacked on my desk.

I also opened a book I received in the mail and added it to my lists, and put away the envelope, and shelved the book for future reading.

Then I spent an inordinate amount of time removing several stickers from another book, so I could add it to the bookshelf in appropriately pristine condition.

I consolidated my shopping and To Do lists from various scraps of paper into one larger scrap of paper.

How nice to be doing the little chores without stressing (or even thinking about, truth be told) the bigger ones that await.

Tomorrow I'll be back to work, with a bunch of tasks clamoring for attention, including quitting the gym (again!), opening a new checking account, some time at the library's book store, and then heading out for an evening event with friends in another town, and who knows what else.

But for now, I'm going to go read. There's no reason not to enjoy a few more hours of leisure, while I have the chance.

Meanwhile, Kayak Guy has spent his evening installing a new toilet in the guest bath. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of puttering (or pottering, as the Brits say). I like to just move along, doing what I think of at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the perfect definition, I think. It's so soothing to just see stuff and do it right then, instead of what I usually do: see it, write it on a list, do it eventually (or never).

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Talk to me! I love external validation.