Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Got It!


Yes! This fabulous classic will be my book on World Book Night, April 23, 2013!  The Lit Gods must be smiling on me.

Now I'm working on a clever, intriguing opening line that will entice folks who consider themselves "light readers" or "non-readers" to agree to take a copy home with them and give it a go. 

I figure I might start with a sign that says "free books" and see where that leads, but at some point I'll have to describe the book itself and will need a verbal safety net to keep myself from gushing about what a great book this is and scaring away those who have a timid and uncertain (or even non-existent) relationship with literature.

Suggestions?  What should my elevator speech be? 

1 comment:

  1. It is a great book! How would you sum that up????? Hmmmmmm . . . let me give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.