Wednesday, September 12, 2012

D.o.n.e.

Amazing, how at some point a decision kind of makes itself.

My realtor called yesterday to tell me that the supposedly major title problem was resolved, the house wasn't going to be taken off the market, and the seller was ready to receive my new offer.

You'd think I'd have been thrilled at such a magical evaporation of a serious obstacle, but all I could think was, "You've GOT to be kidding me."

Change of heart, change of plans.

Maybe I'm just exhausted by the up and down of all this, over the length of the summer. Maybe I had time to think about whether mid-century modern on a great lot was enough to move me away from my vision of vernacular farmhouse on a good lot. Maybe I finally heeded the warning the Universe seemed to be sending me by throwing up barrier after barrier to getting this deal done.

Whatever the reason, I am back at square one, with a higher level of self-knowledge than before. And isn't that a big part of what the journey's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.