Friday, August 17, 2012

Good News, No News (Yet)

Still working on the house thing here . . . . The appraisal came in this week, for slightly more than the purchase price. Hooray!

I enjoyed reading pages and pages about the house, the neighborhood, comparable sales, etc. I guess you could say I am still smitten.

The appraiser made a big deal of what I consider minor things, like the chips in the edges of the kitchen countertops. First of all, it's formica of indeterminate age (when was white with gold flecks popular, anyway?). I wouldn't expect them to be perfect. Second, they are minor, in my opinion. With a little white paint they won't even show. I will want to replace them someday, but for now, I'm just not sure it was worth taking three pictures of them.

The attic space is described as "scuttle." What a great word!

Meanwhile, the bank is supposed to give me the formal loan commitment today, because it is due to the seller today. That's the current stressor -- so fingers crossed we can get it done today. Otherwise the seller can back out of the deal. I'm not sure they would, of course, but still . . . . It would be my druthers to take no chances.

3 comments:

  1. Sending happy thoughts for a successful "banking" day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have my fingers crossed for a successful conclusion. I'm half in love with your house, too, and looking forward to the next chapters of its story.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.