Thursday, July 12, 2012

Success!

Thanks very much for the good wishes -- they worked! The seller accepted my offer!

If all goes as planned, in September I will be the proud owner of a fixer-upper in Mid-Century Modern mode. The biggest selling point for me is that it's on .65 acres (three lots!) in the city, in a neighborhood of nice homes on large lots, and mostly a blank slate where I can unleash my inner gardener.

My friend who offered to help me put in a pond is already talking about a "pond complex," now that there's space for one.

I will also be unleashing my inner painter, my inner drywall patcher, my inner kitchen renovator . . .

My decorating style, if you can call it that, will continue to be "country eclectic," which basically means if I like something rustic, I buy it and hope for the best.

Lots to do and all of it sounding like fun right now.

This counts as a "before" shot now. Home Sweet Home, pretty soon.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Happy to do my little part in you achieving that elusive goal. I'm looking forward to your inner selves emerging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!!! I am so glad cause you've been looking for a while now. It looks marvelous and the lot is gorgeous....looking forward to lots of photos and house reno stuff!

    YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Please keep the good thoughts coming until I have keys in hand around Labor Day.

    This will be a lot of work and a labor of love, too. Measuring rooms today and thinking about paint. Lots more photos to come!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.