Wednesday, June 6, 2012

At the Center

In the Brooksville area recently, I saw this road sign, which (as perhaps you can imagine) I didn't find particularly helpful.

When I'm trying to navigate, it's never a good idea to suggest to me that with one turn of the wheel I could be going east and south or west and north on two different roads, simultaneously. It's simply too much information -- of the kind that's guaranteed to distract.

I considered this an example of how pleasantly wacky things can be when you get off the beaten path in Florida.

And then guess what I noticed in my very own urban neighborhood (definitely a beaten path) just a few days later?

Although they did manage to be a little more concise . . .

Kind of gives you that "center of the Universe" feeling, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. When you see it every day, I'm sure it seems quite normal to be going in all those directions at once. Or maybe since you know where you are , you don't really see it. Now you have!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.