Friday, March 9, 2012

Old (In a Good Way)

I'm off to the Florida Antiquarian Book Fair!

As usual, I'll be looking to fill in the gaps in my Booker Prize collection, although I am getting down to the nub on the remaining books. "Difficult to locate" translates into "difficult to afford." But there's always the Orange Prize, the Florida Book Award, and the Man Asian Prize . . . not to mention the reliable and classic Impulse Buy.

This year I'm especially interested in seeing what cool stuff will appear to grace my new obsession with Florida. Maybe a print, maybe a map, maybe a postcard. "Ephemera" has such a nice sound to it, when it means pamphlets, placemats, posters, and other paper perishables.

A few months of anticipation have come to this: newly organized and updated lists in my hand, cash in my pocket, ideas in my head, and hope in my heart.

(photo credit)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an utterly wonderful weekend! Mmmmm.....pics when you get back, OK?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.