Thursday, November 24, 2011

Counting My Blessings


Today, more than usual, I am thankful for a safe and comfortable place to live, paying work that I love, reliable transportation, enough to eat and wear, the freedom to speak and act as I please, a beautiful world to explore, the love of family, the company of good books, the pleasure of dear friends, and the health and time to enjoy them all.

We spend so much time thinking about the things we want to have and do "tomorrow." It's good to be reminded to savor the gifts that come to us today.

Wishing you a Thanksgiving of abundance and gratitude.

3 comments:

  1. So true!

    By the way, you always have the most beautiful pictures and I always mean to ask you if you take them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment, Rose City. I take most of the photos myself and always worry about their quality (so double thanks!). I'm more of a snapshotter than a photographer. Glad you enjoy them!

    This photo I took on a recent hike and I am still obsessed with the leaves and the water. It was achingly beautiful.

    If I borrow from the internet (like the crow photo recently), then I give a photo credit link. Probably the only things I don't credit are book cover photos, which are usually from Paperbackswap or Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.